Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh the hilarity

I live in a nice neighborhood.
How we moved in here, I'll never know.
Expensive homes, snotty people who make way more than we do, and teenagers driving Lexus SUV's (no joke, our babysitter has her very own).

We got a really good deal on a house here, apparently, otherwise we would not be here.
I don't feel we fit in at all even though we drive pretty nice new cars and have a well taken care of home .... we are not among the rich folks here. I do my shoppin at Walmart while they hit Macy's. Got it? Ok, point made.

We had snow this past weekend! Yay! (coming from living in FL for 14yrs, I'm loving this!)


Ok, so in true winter tradition, people in my neighborhood starting building snowmen.
I have no clue who these people are but someone in our hood built one in their front yard with their daughter.
This person then decided to adorn said snowman with a hat that they bought from Russia. A hat, apparently, that they loved and had sentimental value.
This person then left said hat on the snowman overnight.

**now to understand why this is hilarious I MUST put this in here.
Recently we've had a rash of "vandalism" (this is how it has been worded in the countless emails going around in our HOA). Cars being parked on the street and left unlocked are getting broken into (whoda thunk it?!), someone found footprints under their daughters window where she heard knocking, etc... You get the point. A nice uppity neighborhood having anything like this happen is a travesty and we are turning in to the ghetto! Oh no! **

This person then woke up and found their snowman was "vandalized". Arms ripped off, face punched in and *GASP* the hat was missing!
Emails went out.
The person said they had surveillance on their home, they have not reviewed the tape. But if the hat was returned to their mailbox by Friday they'd let it go. If not, police would be involved and the tape would be reviewed. *rolles eyes*
Oh and they also said their daughter would be devastated so they "rebuilt the snowman before she got home from school, so she would not be upset".

For realz?


Anyway.


This morning another email went out from someone in our neighborhood.
EVERYONE is freaking the hell out.
Who is this person?
There is nobody in our neighborhood named "Bo" and the email is not registered with the HOA.


OH THE HORROR!!!!

This person, this, Bo. He is my new best friend.




His email says:

Thanks for the warning about the snowman incident. I certainly will have a talk with my kids about what appear to be the multiple issues in this case:
1. I will make sure they understand to never touch any one else or his/her property.
2. I will make sure they understand how foolish it is to put anything of sentimental and/or fiscal value on a snowman, especially one built in the front yard.
3. I will let them know that if a snowman is in the backyard it is much less likely to be vandalized... especially in a neighborhood in which acts of petty theft are a regular occurrence (e.g., regularly emailed reports of unlocked cars being burglarized).
4. I will let them know as we are building a snowman that it is an extremely temporary thing and that they should not become attached to it for if it is not demolished by us or someone else, it will soon melt anyway.

I may have missed something, but those are the most obvious issues that jumped out at first glance.

Thanks,Bo

I of course, replied to Bo telling him how much appreciated that laugh and how much I agree.
Call me an asshole. But I think its pretty damn funny. And true.





**I do NOT condone violence against snowmen! Or theft.
I just think people need more common sense.

No comments: