Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Adventures at the Dollar Tree

Let me tell you.

You haven't lived until you've gone to the Dollar Tree with 2 very cranky toddlers.

F-U-N!


I walked in and could NOT get a cart out of the stall thingie.
Some lady actually got annoyed with me and gave me her cart.
Funny thing is. She was leaving. Why be annoyed with me because their peice of shit carts don't operate normally?

Anywho.
In the 2 minutes it took me to get a cart (hey! I was 1 handed holding the Chloe monster) Aliya became fixated on the cheap ass toys in the machines (you know, the ones that cost nearly as much as a "real" toy in the dollar store only they come in plastic bubble that you damn near chip your teeth on trying to open? yeah, those).

3 minutes of me saying "come on Aliya" before I lost it and drop kicked her in the forehead.


KIDDING!


Wandering up and down the isles with "mama can I have bawoon?" repeating in the background.
I end up in the "arts & crafts" section and see that they have the wall decals I've been wanting for Aliya's room.

score!

There are about 500 decals on 1 thin rack.

The ones I wanted ...... were in the middle.

But of course! Bastards.

So as I'm having to remove the first 200 I hear a loud *pop* and the sound of 500 decal sheets falling to the ground.

Yep, I broke the rack.

Nobody was looking, it was all good!

I hid them and went on my merry way.

Get to the register, turn my back to get my stuff out ..... "bawoooooooon" & "waaaaaaaaah, mama"

The little midget monster (A) some how grabbed a balloon string, walked near Chloe, and they were in a tug of war to end all tug of wars.

Aliya damn near got her hand sliced open from pulling on Chloe's death grip.
Chick was in it to win it, let me tell ya!

Cashier gave me a dirty look.
That was my signal.

"I'll take this balloon as well" I say.
Balloon says "Happy Birthday". There are no birthdays in this household until July.
*scratches head*

$27 later we were outta there!


Not quite sure I want to take that adventure again. I'll just leave them in the car next time.
I might, crack the windows for them.

No comments: