Monday, December 27, 2010

2010 ....

What can I say about 2010??
Well .... it's made me a better person.
If I looked back at who I was in 2008 or early 2009, I would not like what I see.
2010 was my year of discovery and decsion making.

I found God & Jesus and am working on my relationship with them.
I had surgery on my back to remove a cyst.
I was the team mom for my son's football team (never again!)
I gained weight.
I lost weight.
I got lasik.
I turned 30.
I got put on crazy meds (ok, they are technically for my anxiety and exhaustion, but they are best associated with depression and other junk)
We lost 3 computers this year.
I made a huge decision.
I decided I what I want to be when I grow up.
I met a great friend.
I learned that Oklahoma isn't that bad (it still sucks though)
I went to Ohio.
I started getting paid for my photography & upgraded to a new camera/flash/backdrop.


What do I want to be when I grow up you ask?
Well, after much thought and consideration .... I am hoping to enroll in school this year to be a LPN and then become certified as a Post Partum Doula. Hoping that in 2012 I can start the process of also becoming a Lactation Consultant.
Ultrasound Tech? Hopefully that will come into play within the next 5-7 years. But for now, this seems to be the plan that makes me happy and excited.

The huge decision?
I am going to be a gestational surrogate.
I know, crazy!
BUT! I'm super excited. Hubby is on board with it.
I'm in the process of picking an agency right now. I have it narrowed down to 2.

So yeah ... 2010 in a nutshell.
Hoping 2011 will be AMAZING! I can't wait to see what God has in store for my family!

1 comment:

Chelsea @ Making Home Base said...

I love reading whole year summaries. I'm so happy for you in your school decisions and for making the choice to give a family an awesome gift! Hope you have a really happy 2011!