Monday, March 8, 2010

The Clinton Chronicals

My husband, Clinton, is probably the biggest nerd ever.
Which is why I love him. He can make me laugh over the stupidest stuff.

Case in point.

We were watching Whale Wars the other night.
I don't know why we watch this show. It makes me sad, and his goal of watching the show is to watch them fail.
He actually pisses me off sometimes when we watch this show.
Why I keep putting myself through this I'll never know.

I get it. Its funny they think a small ship can save whales from 3 giant Japanese whaling ships. They have succeeded a few times from what I can tell, but mostly, they fail.

The captain, Paul Watson.

He always has the same expression on his face, no matter what happens.

For the most part, he looks like he hates himself and he can't breath.

He's a hefty fellow so it makes sense on both parts.


So the other night we were watching.
I was laying with my feet on Clinton's lap and with my head under my uber cool pink Snuggie watching a whale get harpooned *tear*.
I was silently crying, because I'm not totally heartless.

Just then I think Clinton sensed my girly crying even though it was hidden by the blanket with sleeves.

Captain Paul turns to walk away and Clinton yells "He has to poop".

Me: What?

Clinton: Look at him, look how he's walking. He has to poop!

Me: *laughing* What the hell? Maybe he's just walking away!

Clinton: His butt cheeks are clenched and he's doing the I have to poop walk. He has to poop.

Me: *laughing with tears*

Clinton: Go ahead and Facebook that (a common phrase he says whenever he says something funny)



I can never look at Captain Paul the same again knowing he had to poop when a whale was dying on his watch.

No comments: